Earnest in his determination to get things done for those in need, Mike DeWine has been dubbed the "bodyguard of the poor." He has developed a reputation in Washington for being hard working, honest, and solution-oriented. He has immersed himself in issues that are vital to the well-being and prosperity of Ohioans, Americans, and citizens across the globe. Mike DeWine has become a recognized national leader in efforts to:
* Secure the health, welfare, and safety of our children. Related Speeches: Bishop Griffin Breakfast Speech, Remarks--Pediatric Rule, Remarks--Compassionate Care Bill, Remarks--Transportation Safety
* Provide our young people with the best possible education. Related Speeches: Education Remarks--Akron Roundtable
* Help ease humanitarian suffering and the spread of disease around the world. Related Speeches: Remarks--Catholic Medical Mission Board
* Ensure law enforcement officials have access to advanced technology. Related Speeches: Remarks--Rape Kits and DNA Bill, Ballistics Column
* Protect and restore unique natural areas, including the Great Lakes, for the enjoyment of future generations. Related Speeches: Remarks--Great Lakes Hearing
* Promote job opportunities through an improved, user-friendly job training system.
* Improve our Nation's ability to gather intelligence to protect us from terrorists.
* Stem the flow of drugs into our country.
* Secure a balanced-budget, cut taxes, and promote economic opportunities.
Through his membership on several important Senate Committees, Mike DeWine is able to work on legislative efforts that directly impact our health, safety, and security. He currently is assigned to the following Committees:
Appropriations Committee. Senator DeWine is the first Ohio U.S. Senator in six decades to serve on this Committee -- a Committee tasked with the important job of determining the use and distribution of our federal tax dollars.
Judiciary Committee. Senator DeWine is Chairman [Response was truncated to maximum response length of 2000 characters.]